Posted on Monday June 08, 2015
Burlington, Ont. – June 8, 2015—The City of Burlington was recently awarded the Excellence in Municipal Systems Award from the Municipal Information Systems Association (MISA) Ontario for the e-Government Program.
“Not only is there a need for e-Government services, but it also must be community driven, transparent and effective, which is something City Council has always had a clear vision of,” said Mayor Rick Goldring. “Staff have worked with residents to develop and deliver the services and it is great to be recognized for all the hard work that will continue.”
The award is for both an Ontario municipality and one or more individuals within the municipality who have successfully undertaken a significant initiative or set a new standard that other municipalities may follow.
Additional criteria are:
- Advancing a municipality's strategic objectives using information technology
- Demonstrating improvement in service delivery to clients, citizens or businesses
- Achieving a high level of collaboration between IT and other municipal departments
“The e-Government program is a significant project in terms of scope of work and impact and benefit to the community,” said James Ridge, City Manager. “Staff are doing an excellent job of ensuring our residents’ needs are reflected in the e-Government program.”
The City of Burlington's e-Government program was developed to significantly enhance our customers' online experience. This will be visible in our improved:
- efficiency, convenience, and accessibility to online city services
- secure, reliable one-stop shopping
- open and transparent data sets
- citizen engagement
- quicker access to a wider array of information
- sustainable online service enhancement plan
For more information about the e-Government program, visit www.burlington.ca/egov. For more information about MISA, visit www.misa.ca.
Burlington is one of Canada’s best and most livable cities, a place where people, nature and business thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at www.burlington.ca/enews.