Tobogganing is a popular winter activity that promotes active living and family fun in the community. The City of Burlington has designated six locations that are safe for tobogganing.
Play Safe! Here are a few tips to play safely while tobogganing
- Toboggan during daylight hours, not when it is dark.
- Toboggan when the hill is snow covered, not when it is icy or bare.
- Check the hill and make sure it is free of obstacles and toboggan in the designated area.
- Wear a helmet designed for winter sports.
- Use a toboggan that is in good shape and has brakes and steering.
- Avoid wearing scarves or any clothing that could get caught in a toboggan and cause injury.
- Always sit down and face-forward on a toboggan.
- Do not build jumps or other obstacles on the toboggan hill.
- Walk up the side of the hill and leave the middle open for others coming down the hill.
- If you fall off of your toboggan, move out of the way to avoid being hit.
*Reminder that tobogganing is an activity that you do at your own risk. The city is not responsible for any personal injury or damage to your personal items.