The Burlington Cycling Advisory Committee was established on Feb. 12, 1990 and is a citizen committee reporting to Council through the Committee of the Whole.
The role of the Cycling Advisory Committee is to assist, advise, recommend, and support Council in matters pertaining to cycling in the City of Burlington.
If you have an idea, a concern or a question about cycling in Burlington, we would love to hear about it. The more feedback we receive as a committee, the better able we are to represent the needs and wants of the community to Council. Wherever possible we will answer all questions, and ensure all concerns are addressed to the appropriate city staff and council members.
View the terms of reference (pdf) of this committee
Don Thorpe (Chair)
Chris Ariens (Co-Vice Chair)
Brad Slade (Co-Vice Chair)
Phil de Ruiter
Kinsey Schurm (Alternate)
John Greven (Alternate)
Council Representative: Councillor Jack Dennison
Staff Representatives: Daniel Ozimkovic, Transportation Services Department
Jo-Anne Rudy, Clerk
905-335-7600, ext. 7413
We are always looking for energetic individuals to join our volunteer committee. If you're interested, please contact us.
For further information, please see the City Calendar.
|Agendas, minutes and meeting dates from January 2017 onward can be found on the City Meeting/Event Calendar.
To access agendas, minutes for citizen advisory committees, follow the below instructions:
1. Visit burlington.ca/calendar
2. To find citizen advisory committee meetings, filter your search in the Search Criteria
3. Select "City Meetings" from the Calendar drop down menu.
4. Select "Citizen Advisory Committee" from the Category drop down menu.
5. You may choose to use the Start Date and End Date selections to refine your search.
6. To find a specific citizen committee meeting, type the name of the committee in the
7. Click Search to display the results.
8. Click on the title of a particular meeting to view details of that meeting.
If you wish to request documents in alternative format or with communication supports, contact the Clerks Department at 905-335-7600, ext. 7698.
|Local Cycling Groups|
|Cycling Events in the Community|
Jane's HamBur Walk 'n Roll
Saturday, May 6, 2017 - 11 a.m.
Starting at LaSalle Park, 50 North Shore Blvd., Burlington, Ont.
See flyer for more information (flyer)
|Data and Infrastructure|
|Road Safety 101|
|Other Safety Resources|
|Other Cycling Information and Resources|
|Bike Maintenance Checklist|
Before every ride, take a couple of minutes to inspect your bike.
We've gathered some great cycling-related videos, including road safety/share the road messaging and inspiring videos of successful cycling cities.