COVID-19 Related FAQ

If you have a court appearance, you may opt to attend in person or virtually, using Zoom.

How to attend virtual court proceedings

Halton Provincial Offences administration services

View our various administration contact options. Administration counter services are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

In-person at the courthouse

By phone or email

  • Contact our administration desk with any phone inquiries or fine payments at 905-637-1274. You can also contact us by email at We accept fine extension applications and reopening applications via email. You can also email to check the status of your case or by using our Court Case Look Up.

Requests, applications and payments

View how you can submit requests, applications and payments with Halton Court Services.

Trial requests

  • You may submit trial requests in-person, by mail or by email. Complete our Notice of Intention to Appear Form and attach a copy of the offence notice.

Early resolution requests

Re-opening and extension applications


Affidavit of Re-opening

  • The Affidavit of Re-opening currently does not need to be commissioned.

Frequently asked questions

View our frequently asked questions related to COVID-19 and Halton Court Services.

Are your offices still open? 
Our Halton POA administration services are open at our office at 4085 Palladium Way, Burlington from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. You can also contact us by phone at 905-637-1274 or by email at
Can I access services online? 
Yes. You can apply for early resolution meetings and check the status of your court case online with Court Case Look Up
Can I complete my Request to Extend Time to Pay Application online? 
Yes. Please email to obtain the form.  
Can I complete my re-opening application online?  
Yes. Download the forms from our website and email your application to  
Can I access services through email?  
We accept completed fine extension applications and reopening applications through email at You can also check the status of your case by email or through our online Court Case Look Up
What types of services are available over the phone?  
You can make fine payments and inquiries over the phone at 905-637-1274.  
Can I mail in my court application?  
Yes. You can mail in your completed fine extension application or reopening application, or email it to us at You can mail in your Offence Notice when selecting the 'Early Resolution' option or submit your Offence Notice online.  
Do I have to come to a court office in-person for anything?  
No. All court services can be carried out online, by email at or by phone at 905-637-1274 (with the exception of filing large documents). 
My ticket says I have to choose an option within 15 days, but I am past that period. Can I get an extension?  
Please contact us at for information about your options. 
I'm sick. Do I have to come to the court office?  
All court proceedings are currently being scheduled with the option to attend in person or as virtual proceedings. If you you would like further information regarding your court appearance and your virtual meeting instructions, call us at 905-637-1274 or email us at
Where can I get more information about COVID-19?  
View more information about COVID-19 in the City of Burlington and review directions from Halton Region Public Health.