Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content
 

21.0 RAL Zone Permitted Uses

Decrease Text Size Default Text Size Increase Text Size
| Print Link |

 

The uses permitted in all Residential 'RAL' Zones shall be in accordance with Table 2.21.1:

Table 2.21.1

Use

Alton Community Zones

RAL1

RAL2

RAL3

RAL4

Detached Dwelling

  

Semi-Detached Dwelling

√(a)

√(a)

Duplex Dwelling

  

√(b)

√(b)

Triplex Dwelling

  

√(b)

√(b)

Fourplex Dwelling

  

√(c)

√(c)

Townhouse Dwelling

  

√(d)

Street Townhouse Dwelling

  

√(d)

Stacked Townhouse Dwelling

  

√(e)

√(e)

Apartment Building

  

√ (f)

Retirement Home

  

√(g)

Day Care Centre

√(h)

√(h)

√(h)

√(h)

Footnotes to Table 2.21.1

a) Subject to RAL2 regulations

b) Subject to RM1 zone regulations, except as follows:

  • Lot width for a triplex dwelling unit: 6.5 m
  • Front and street side yard setback: 3 m dwelling, 6 m garage
  • Notwithstanding Part 1, Subsection 2.24, the maximum driveway width shall be 3 m.

    Lots west of Walker's Line:
    • In addition to a driveway with a maximum width of 3m, a walkway with a maximum width of 1.5m shall be permitted.

c) Subject to RM2 zone regulations, except as follows:

  • Front and street side yard setback: 3 m dwelling, 6 m garage
  • Notwithstanding Part 1, Subsection 2.24, the maximum driveway width shall be 3 m.

    Lots west of Walker's Line:
    • In addition to a driveway with a maximum width of 3 m, one walkway with a maximum width of 1.5m shall be permitted.

d) Subject to RAL3 regulations, except as follows:

Yard abutting an RAL1 and RAL2 zone for townhouses: 12 m Maximum density for street townhouses shall not apply

e) Subject to RM3 regulations, except as follows:

  • Front and street side yard setback: 3 m dwelling, 6 m garage
  • Yard abutting an RAL1 and RAL2 zone: 12 m
  • Notwithstanding Part 1, Subsection 2.24, the maximum driveway width shall be 3 m.
  • Lots west of Walker's Line:
    • The width of a garage shall not exceed 50% of the total front face of the dwelling.
    • Driveways shall not be wider than the width of the garage.
  • Landscape area abutting a street: 3 m
  • A maximum of 70% of the lot area between a street line and the building elevation facing the street may be used for driveways, walkways and patios, the remaining 30 % shall be landscaped.

f) Subject to RM3 zone regulations except as follows:

  • Building Height: 4 storeys maximum

g) Subject to RM2 zone regulations, except that the building height shall be 3 storeys maximum.

h) Permitted only fronting on a street having a deemed width of 26 m or greater and subject to the RAL1 zone regulations for a detached dwelling. No parking shall be permitted within 3 m of a residential property in a residential zone. 

Contacts:

Contact Department

Numbers

Links

Customer Service Button Feedback