The City of Burlington does not allow on-street parking in excess of 5 hours or overnight between 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. In special circumstances (e.g. driveway repairs or out-of-town guests), residents and visitors may request a parking exemption.
How does a parking exemption work?
A parking exemption allows a vehicle to park on the street beyond the 5-hour limit or overnight between 1 a.m. to 6 a.m., up to 15 days per calendar year, per licence plate.
• If you receive a parking ticket for exceeding the 5-hour parking limit or parking
between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. on-street after you have requested a parking exemption,
call Parking Services.
• Parking exemptions are NOT in effect during snow clearing or road maintenance
• Parking tickets issued prior to a parking exemption request will not be waived.
• An RV is exempted ONLY if it is attached to a vehicle.
• A detached trailer is not an RV under the City of Burlington Parking & Idling By-law.