Services for People with Disabilities

Halton Court Services (HCS) is committed to making our services accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. We comply with the customer service standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We provide training, in accordance with the AODA, to all employees including those who deal with the public and those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.

Requesting accommodation

If you or someone you represent has a disability and needs accessible services or accommodation at our provincial offences court, please contact court administration, by email at or by phone at 905-637-1274.

Requesting accommodation for a court proceeding

If you need accommodation for a court proceeding, it may be at the discretion of the local judiciary. In this case, a request should be made by way of a motion. Please contact us by email at or by phone at 905-637-1274 for more information on filing a motion on accommodation.

Providing feedback

We welcome and appreciate all comments and feedback on how HCS provides goods and services to people with disabilities. You can provide feedback in writing, or verbally at our provincial offences court or over the phone. Please forward all written feedback to:

Halton Court Services
4085 Palladium Way
Burlington, ON L7M 2A6
Phone: 905-637-1274, ext. 6400

Accessible forms

Some Provincial Offences Act forms are available online in accessible format. We will make more forms available in accessible format in the future. Please subscribe to this page for updates.


View our accessibility-related policies and procedures.

If you let us know what your communication needs are, we will communicate with you in ways that consider your disability. 
Service disruption
If there is a problem with facilities, equipment or services that people with disabilities rely on, we will provide advance notice to the public. Please watch our news and notices for notification. We always try to make alternate arrangements to provide service where possible. 
Assistive devices
You may use your own personal assistive devices. Portable hearing devices are available at the front counters and in the courtrooms. Where assistive devices are available, our service staff have been trained on how to use them. The use of recording and video equipment is not permitted. 
Disability-related support persons
You can access your support person while using our services. In situations where legal matters are discussed, please tell us in advance if you are planning to use a support person. We may ask your support person to sign a confidentiality agreement, or the role of the support person may need to be agreed upon before the meeting. 
Service animals
You may use your service animal in all areas of our premises that are open to the public. 

Frequently asked questions

View some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to accessibility.

What can court staff ask about my disability? Do I have to let everyone know of my condition? 
Under most circumstances, the courts or its employees will not need additional personal information. Only those in the court who need to know about your disability to make a decision or provide you with accommodation will learn the details of your request and the personal information you give. 
Should I tell the court that I need accommodation?  
Yes. It is in your best interest to contact us to request accommodations that will best suit your needs. If you do not request accommodation, we will not know in advance of any needs you require and may be unable to provide you with appropriate service. If you or someone that represents you requires an accommodation, please contact 
Can the court deny my request?  
Yes. The court can deny your request in certain instances. Contact us for further details.